a. Current individuals in headship roles
b. Deputy heads who are aspiring to headship and meet the following eligibility criteria:
- You will probably be in a headship role in the next 12-18 months
- You will have completed at least one year at a deputy head level
- As this programme is for those whose next step is headship, eligibility is limited to deputy and associate headteachers in secondary settings, and deputy, associate and assistant heads in primary. Assistant heads in secondary whose role is commensurate to that of a deputy head are also eligible
- You will have evidence of having made substantial positive impact on a school.
Course aims: To ensure all participants increase their confidence and capability in the core skills and responsibilities of an effective school leader. The course will empower participants to develop a strong network to support them as headteachers
Course content: The programme comprises a series of training sessions, along with pre- and post-reading, a nine-day school placement and an in-school impact project.
The training sessions will include the following six core areas:
- Leadership skills for headteachers
- School self-evaluation and school improvement planning
- School culture and vision
- Operational management of a school including finance and HR
- Teaching, learning and curriculum
- Pastoral leadership
Participants will be assessed through a written assignment to ensure they have reached the qualification requirements, plus a viva interview to assess them against the more challenging Ambition bar.
This programme is led in conjunction with Ambition School Leaders as one of their License holders.
Length: 6 full days
To apply please complete the following form, a member of the Ninestiles Teaching School will be in touch.