Welcome to Summit Learning Trusts very own Professional Learning Institute. This is a ground-breaking and innovative development for all members of the Summit Learning Trust community. Every member of staff in everyone of our establishments has a core influence and determination for shaping their own professional learning.
The PLI provides the centralised focus for all staff to get involved in a wide range of formal and informal professional learning opportunities. Everything we do will be considered as an opportunity to learn! Promoting self-evaluation and evidence informed practice we will be able to identify our areas of professional learning need and our professional learning desires. We have an amazing resource of our other Trust establishments. The knowledge which can be gained from networking with colleagues provides further access to new ideas.
Our Changemakers represent each of our schools/college. Collectively they have identified the Professional Learning Institute principles, and these can be summarised as follows:
- shared culture for taking responsibility of our own, group and collective professional learning
- establish meaningful collaborative relationships between schools/college within Summit Learning Trust
- focus on professional learning to have a collective responsibility for the learning of all pupils
- develop a reflective cycle of professional inquiry to deepen practice
- secure evidence – based practice to drive forward long term developments
- enhance opportunities for coaching and growth principles in all we do
We are really excited about continuing our professional learning journey with each of you as we are #scalingtheheightstogether
Dr. E.Ford – Director of Professional Learning Institute